Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Study In Orange

Work was a little busy last night so I couldn't get everything done that I wanted to.... swatches, T.S. Sweater, orange cardi.

I decided to focus on the orange cardi. The one piece that I don't need to be knitting right now, of course!!

I've finished the body and one sleeve. I knit the body in one piece up to the armholes...my preferred method. I have 2 skeins of light orange left. Each sleeve is one skein. So it looks like I'll have an extra skein leftover. However, I'll be ripping back the sleeve cap of this sleeve because for some reason I thought arms were like 16" long. Hello, how many sleeves have I knit? What ev, it takes about 20 minutes to knit the cap. But it will use up more yarn. No biggie. I'm going to knit the seconnd sleeve to get the exact measurement before I rip. I'm beginning to think about the collar. I guess it'll be something simple. I also think I'll have enough dark orange for a button band which I'm happy about. I'm thinking like 2 -3" wide in a 2x2 rib.

Here it is...the wheel has not been reinvented. However, a simple cotton cardi using up the stash... it works. Blocking will work wonders for this yarn.




1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Dames said...

Looks like it will be a nice cardi. I'm keen to see your button band.

Want to be tagged for the 7 Random Things meme?

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home