Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm Exhausted

I spent all day yesterday at the United Nations. Huh?

I was invited by some students in Middle School to go the the U.N with their Model UN after school team. I thought ummm, I have to work and it's really early but maybe it would be interesting. So I decided to go.

I got to the entrance of the UN around 10. The security wasn't soooo tight. Just the normal metal detectors and a lot of dogs. I waited around for the kids to show up (about 20). We then had a private tour of the UN!!! I mean we were in the Security Council chambers, The General Assembly, learned all kinds of interesting facts. It was amazing. I used to eat lunch on the grounds of the UN but I'd never gone inside. It was really cool. I mean REALLY COOL!

After the tour we walked over to 42nd and 2nd to some offices where the kids were to put on a simulation U.N. Security Council meeting. They were debating the India/Pakistan conflict that took place in the late 90's over land between the two countries. Let me just say, it was Amazing! These were 6th, 7th and 8th graders and after about 2 1/2 hours of debating they came up with some actual resolutions. Like really smart and thoughtful and respectful resolutions. I was super impressed. Maybe they should be forwarded to the respective countries!

I left the offices and headed straight downtown to work. I was SO exhausted! I didn't even do anything.(Oh, I finished my golf shirt. I'm not showing it just yet. I think I might redo the collar because it seems about 4 rows to big.)

When I got to work it was completely dead up until about 12:30am. Then, of course, it got busy. I didn't get home until 4am. ugh. Double Ugh! SO T I R E D. This morning I had a drs. appointment really early so I couldn't even sleep in. I feel like a zombie. I must be pms!

I can't decide what to knit. I was thinking of a bikini out of some of the Fixation I have. I think I have about 4 or 5 balls. That should be enough, right. I of course have to keep knitting on the TS stuff. The progress is slow. But no need to talk about it. Just know that I'm knitting like a mad woman and when I'm not working on it, I'm thinking about it. Slightly stressful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home