Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I had a feeling about this...

Nice fashioning:


Nice i-cord with one row buttonholes placket:



Nice size 8 women's golf shirt:


Not a nice size 44-46 men's golf shirt:


Oh well, I knew this was going to happen. I did my swatch. Took my gauge and proceeded to begin knitting this golf shirt. I never read through the pattern because A. It was Elizabeth Zimmerman's B. I assumed it was going to be easy peasy - no changes needed and C. I'm an idiot. Well all three were true. The pattern is fantastic and easy and no changes were made....The only problems were with me. I never thought it might be for a woman and I of course just knit away figuring my gauge would be maybe a teeny bit tighter but would ultimately be ok. WRONG. It was going to be a gift. I guess it will be a gift for someone else. The good news is that if I'd made it the correct size I would definitely run out of yarn. I have 3 balls left and I still have the collar to go. My gauge go so much tighter because of the yarn and because it was knit on circs. I'm such an idiot. Before I block this thing I'm going to try to figure out percentage-wise how much tighter I knit when I'm on circular needles. It might be a handy number for me to know.

So my weekend was lovely. I was at the beach but of course I was knitting some production stuff. No need to show that at this point....We've all seen it enough. I'm going to the dermatologist on thursday so I didn't want to get a mad tan and then get into trouble so I shied away from the sun (which was ok with me.) There were a lot of folks at the house and we had a ton of fun playing games....I'm still the undefeated champ at Scattegories - although I don't love that game. We had a super fun time playing cranium and taboo and bogle and just hanging out and eating really fantastic food. It was a really fun time. Thanks!

I've been sort of unsuccessful selling off my yarn. I made this golf shirt out of some of the sale yarn. I'm glad I'm using it. I actually really like it. So I'm going to go stash diving and come up with some other things to knit from it. Who knows, maybe I can make a dent in it and then put some up for sale in a little while and have better luck. I mean, I did sell some...Thank you. I'm happy about that. I was just hoping to clean it out. I can't give it to school until the fall semester starts so...I guess I'll be designing with this yarn during the summer. OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home