Friday, May 18, 2007

E.Z's Golf Shirt and Other Things

I couldn't take the taupe on Wednesday. So I picked up one of my favorite reads and a few skeins of linen/cotton yarn, some needles and headed off to work. I decided on the golf shirt. Here's where I ended up after a night of hard bartending! I'm using size 6 needles and some Filatura Lanarota "Royal Linen". My hands are raw! I thought the Eco-Wool was rough! This stuff is not only rough but it's also slippery so I had to keep tugging on my stitches which of course tightened up my gauge. I intended this for someone but it might have to be for someone else due to sizing. We'll see. I blocked my gauge and it seems like it's going to have a lot of horizontal stretch but not too much vertical growth. Strange but that's what it seems like?







I found some faux fur at Daytona Trimmings for my VK sweater. I've sewn one side down but need to sew the other side. It's kind of a pain in the neck so I'm going to do it over the weekend. I'll also write up the pattern and turn it in on Monday!




And finally, I stopped by Vogue Knitting and picked up the GORGEOUS yarn for a little project. I picked up 30 balls. I've used 12 so far! I think this project will take about 14. I would LOVE to keep all the leftovers but I am required to turn in all the ball bands when I turn in the piece. Rats!! The only problem is that it's so squishy that I think it's going to grow substantially. But my o my is it soft. Particularly after the linen and the eco wool. This is nice! I'll be finishing this up this weekend too ( I hope) and delivering it as well on Monday. The pattern for this is a snap.


One of the skeins. YUM!



My pile of knitting.

I have to say I'd like to get out of the taupe/grey for a while. It would be nice to knit with say a ballet pink or something??????

Have a nice weekend. I'll be knitting and calculating and formatting and printing oh and bartending!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home