Monday, May 14, 2007

oops, I did it again!

M & J didn't have the fur trim that I needed. Neither did Daytona or Tinsel Trading. So I headed to my next stop on today's tour. Cartier.

While I was at Cartier getting my watch fixed, a lovely woman seated next to me heard me on the phone looking for the trim. She said she might know of a place and proceeded to make a couple of calls. I left her my # and she said she'd text me with any info she gets. HOW NICE WAS THAT?

And, the nice customer service person that was helping me with my watch gave me a Cartier watch cleaning kit....gratis. HOW NICE WAS THAT? So my watch is fixed and it's clean. Bonus.

After Cartier I headed over to Kunokuniya to check out the amazing knitting, crochet, sewing, craft books. They were as usual....STELLAR.

I bought this one. It has 2 sweaters that I LOVE. and a couple of other interesting pieces.



This is a mens knitting book. However, I think some of the sweaters are more suited for women. SCORE!



I also asked them to look up an out of print book for me. Sadly, it's still out of print. I've seen this book once. I fell in love and have been obsessed with it ever since.


Then I walked up 5th. When I passed the Abercrombie store they had live HOT MODELS standing in the doorway causing a serious comotion. It was hilarious.

I kept heading north on 5th and somehow ended up at Bergdorf Goodman. I couldn't pass up a couple of things. I actually had 5 pairs of shoes I was choosing from. But thankfully I narrowed it down to these two. Phew! It was still rather pricey. I guess I better get knitting!!



After BG I headed west across town to the Time Warner Center. Hit up a few places and ended up at Whole Foods. Then jumped on the train and headed home.

It was absolutely gorgeous today. Oh and I did get a few undergarments! yay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I've seen the live model thing in NYC too. It usually creates quite the sight! Great that you had such a wonderful day.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home