Friday, May 04, 2007

Nothing to show -

I've finished the body of the fair isle sweater that I was working on for VK. It looks BEAUTIFUL! I'm really, really pleased with the way that it's turned out. I haven't blocked it yet but it's pinned up on my dress form. I have to add pockets and some trim to the neckline. Plus I have to knit up the sleeves. But I'm really happy with it. It's not due for a l o n g time so I'm going to take a breather. (I probably won't but I'm going to try!)

I have so many Tom Scott pieces to knit up. They are due in about a month. I really ought to start but I just can't yet. Winding the yarn is exhausting!! There is so much yardage on each skein of the Eco Wool.

I got an email from my sewing teacher last Saturday telling me that there was a sale on the Vogue website on their patterns. Well I browsed and browsed and order 3 patterns. They arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that they are all ADVANCED patterns. uh oh! I've also orders some other patterns from who knows where but I keep getting those little notices saying that my order has shipped...I think when I wake up after working a few nights in a row I check my mail and then surf a little and buy a little. Then I forget all about it. Thank goodness I've only been ordering fabric and patterns! I ordered some amazing SALE fabrics from Purl online. I can't wait to see what they actually look like. The great thing about Purl is that you can buy partial yardage. Nice.

I'm working tonight and tomorrow night. I'm HOPEFULLY going to MDSW on Sunday. It's going to depend on how tired I am. I don't want to kill myself or anyone else on the road. I really, really, really want to go. So I'm sure I will : )

There is some crossing of fingers, toes, and all crossable body parts in my house this week. It's got nothing to do with anything knitting, sewing, bartending related but it's really, really important. I can't talk about it. I can barely breathe. It's HUGE. I have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday for the good (or not so good) news. So if you have any available parts to cross, please cross them. and think positive thoughts. Thanks!!

I hope I have some MDSW news to post next time.

Have an excellent Friday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Crossing fingers for you :)
Have fun at Maryland if you decide to go!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home