Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm in total crunch mode...

I've dilly dallied for two days and now I'm under the gun. I have to block the three pieces for T.S. because I have to deliver them tomorrow morning. Sooooooo I have to get knitting. and blocking. Crap. The good news is that I only have to add 2 short (very) sleeves and a turtleneck, throw them in the wash and lay them out to dry.

While I was out yesterday, I went to Daytona Trimmings. I was

1. looking for some thread (just because I was there) for my new comforter.

2. Looking at the patterns in the back (A total and complete nightmare. I think the patterns have been there since 1982). and

3. Looking for some groovey piping for my new comforter.

I didn't find anything but some aggravation.

So I headed down to P&S. I'm looking for Simplicity pattern 4072. It's a kimono style dress. I want to make it and it doesn't exist in NYC. NYC stinks for pattern hunting. There isn't ONE store that has all of the draws full of all the new patterns. The drawers don't exitst! Come on. Where's JoAnn's when you need it?

Anyway, since I was there I thought I'd look through some of the books and guess what? I found a super cute dress pattern. I'm going to make it without my sewing teacher and see if I can do it. I bought some fabric for it. White with blue dots. Cotton. pretty. We'll see what happens.

I also found out that P&S is in fact moving. Finally. They are moving across the street, so they told me. Convenient! They are really starting to clear the place out. I can't even imagine the amount of time it's going to take. He told me the space is a little smaller. However, the current space is so huge and poorly laid out. I hope it's nice. I hope they fill their drawers with current patterns!

Back to the knitting then off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home