Wednesday, April 18, 2007

O brother!

Isn't it funny how life doesn't allow you to get too big for your britches????

So, like I said, I was going to make a green market bag. SUPER SIMPLE. I mean, come on, I could make this in my sleep, right?

Here's what it looked like after a few rows. I started with the Safari (which I now know that I HATE!!) and a ridiculously EASY 4 row lace pattern. Nothing to it. I assumed I would be finished with this by dinnertime. EASY. Size 15's! It should take about an hour, right?




If you notice in the close up there is a problem. Maybe more than one. (Where's Waldo?) I can't live with lace mess ups so I ripped it out and started over. Just what any normal person would do.


If you repeat the last 4 sentences about 5 times, you'll be understand why I don't have a finished photo. WTF? I just ripped it out for the last time. The yarn is in the garbage, no kidding. Tossed it all out.

Next time, I will not be using size 15's. I will not be using Safari. And I will not be using that stitch pattern. There are a million others to choose from. That one can go to H E double hockey sticks.

For a little more humility...This is just a work in progress photo. I wasn't going to show it but I don't have a green market bag show. So here it is. It's not even hanging on the dress form properly but anyway... The collar is finished...graded and not (too) bumpy. There hasn't been any ironing done yet. I'm next going to blind stitch the front facing to the seam that joins the front and side front pieces. Then I think it will be time for a fitting. Fix anything that needs to be fixed. Some hemming and Voila!



I dropped off the jumper to Soho. I picked up a fantastic cardigan. I also picked up my samples from Tom Scott. I have to whip out 3 pieces for him by next week. I CAN'T FIND MY NOTES. Double WTF! eh, no biggie, I have the actual pieces. I have to be able to figure out what I did, right? I mean I can figure out what other people do, I should be able to figure out my own stuff, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home