Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm King of the World!!

Ahhhhh. I feel better. Ok, my throat started hurting again but I'm convinced it's only allergies. It warmed up a little and now the allergies are coming back. I can handle it. I CANNOT handle a stomach flu. At. All. Fever. No energy. In the bathroom all of the time. It's just gross. A sore throat is easy.

I'm redoing my green cabled top. FOR THE THIRD TIME. I can only chalk it up to the flu. But I've got it this time. I'm on track. It's in Knit Visualizer. I'm one complete repeat into it. It's coming to work with me tonight and hopefully I'll make some progress. The really GREAT news is that I get to turn around and make another one EXACTLY the same as this one. Ahhhh. I'm feeling better. All's well. I've got nothing to complain about. Life is good.

In my sewing class yesterday I did a lot of ironing of seams. That was super fun! And then I installed the collar. Yes it is definitely an installation. I don't have a picture of it yet BECAUSE IT'S NOT FINISHED! Who knew a collar was kind of an advanced move? I can turn a heel, work short rows, kill (or seriously hurt) someone with my hands and/or feet, make multiple drinks while carrying on an in depth conversation but install a collar. Whew. It's a stand up curved collar. I don't know if that means it's easier or harder but god that curve fitting it to the jacket thing. oy. Anyway, I've left it for next week. I'm not thinking about it again until then. The bag is tucked away so that it's completely out of sight. Out of sight/out of mind. amen.

There has been a conversation happening around here that goes something like this....If you could live anywhere else on this planet, where would you live. Anywhere? Simple. I'd live here. I love New York City. Period. I think it's one of the most amazing places on the planet for so many reasons. It's an excellent place for old and young alike. Excellent for animals. Excellent for singles and married. Straight or gay. Foreign or american. Rich or poor. Culturally, historically, artistically, all amazing. Entertainment constant. Socially, politically, racially, spiritually covered. Of course there are times when it is not a total love affair with this fine city. But really, I love the folks that reside here. What I don't love so much is the daily commuters that rush in and rush out and treat this beautiful city with such disrespect. They hurry up and make their money only to rush back home to Cranford or Syosset or Nutley or some other suburb. Leaving a trail of filth and disrespect. I Hate it. It is an example of everything that is bad with the human race. Selfish, all about me attitudes. But other than that, this is the place for me.

I saw a movie last night on IFC called The Story of the Weeping Camel. Oh My God. You MUST SEE THIS MOVIE. That's all I have to say. It is a special movie that must not be missed. It is so incredibly beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carry said...

It's funny, I have to say the exact same thing about Seattle...for all the same reasons. :)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home