Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Since we last met...

I've been sick as a dog! I have allergies. Last Wednesday is when it all started. I've never had allergies so I didn't know what was going on. I just hour by hour started feeling worse and worse. I couldn't do anything. I had to work w, th, f and sat. By Saturday night I had no voice, a horrible headache, sinus pain and a super duper sore throat. The most horrible thing was that I couldn't even knit. My schedule is completely thrown off. I wanted to deliver the cotton jack-igan yesterday or today. But instead, I've ripped out the sleeve cap of one sleeve and reknit that. I've knit the hood and I finished the other sleeve. I'm now waiting for the washer to clear so that I can toss everything in to re-block. There will be NO shrinking with this upcoming blockage. I'm using pins. I'm not messing around. The only thing left after that will be to add the front bands. And seam the whole thing up. However, this takes about 24 hours to dry! Whatever. I'm feeling better. I'm feeling at about 75% today. So I can't complain.

I had my sewing class today!! As always it was humbling. However, all the darts are in. And the jacket is sewn together. I have to finish off all of the seams. Put the collar on. Face the front (I think.) I'm sure there is a whole lot more that I don't even know about. Today was the lying day. The one where you put the thing together and think it's almost finished and then you are stalled for the next 2 lessons. It's kind of like being on the sleeves of a sweater. The wind completely dies down and your stranded for hours!!! But it looks like it's supposes to. Yay.

I'm not working tomorrow night so I'm off for 5 days and then go back on Friday. AWESOME. The reason I'm off is because I have to make a super duper special delivery to Kennedy Airport tomorrow evening. The packages are supplied with cameras, phones, books and lists of places to visit. I'll be getting a return package on Sunday....

That's about it for now. I have a stack of movies that an Academy screener loaned me. So I've got some good company until Sunday!

p.s. no photos cuz I can't find my silly camera!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home