Monday, March 19, 2007

The miracle of blocking

I finished up the top of this sweater the other night. Here is a photo of it before blocking. I've just pinned it onto the dress form. I cannot believe that it will block the way the swatch did. At this point, it is stretching to fit across the bodice. It's pulling at the centers.

Front:




Back:





Here it is blocking.... It's grown by many, many, many inches. It's almost dry at this point.

I haven't figured out what I'll do for collar, button bands or sleeves.

But I have to put it aside for now because the Lion Brand Cotton swatch is dry. The swatch was 5.5" square before blocking....after it is now 8.5 x 5!! BLOCK YOUR SWATCHES!!!!

I've cast on for the back. And I need to get a move on. It's going to be a lot of knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home