Saturday, March 17, 2007

My cheatin' heart

While I'm waiting for this swatch to dry and become what it is really dying to become I'm two timing...

First things first. This is Lion Brand Organic Cotton. I'm using size 6 needles. This is my third swatch and clearly the simplest. It's just a 2x2 ribbing. I wanted something that really popped the purls. Because it's loosey goosey cotton I realized that after blocking it's going to lose it's zing and flatten out and really show off the purls. The only other option that I've already swatched for is a 2x2 fisherman's rib where you knit into the st below kind of puffing up the knits. However, it flattened out and became a little bit of a waste of technique. Better to save that for some springy wool.




This is a better shot of the true color. It's going to be a long (below the butt length jacket/sweater). It should be super cute. I think I'm going to do some easy shaping over the rear end area by just changing needle size. I think on ribbing if you can make it work, it looks nicer than inc. and dec. I don't want to draw attention to the fact that perhaps the rear is LARGER than the rest of the body. I mean of course it is but let's just shape it in a more flattering way, right?



Ahhhhh, this is what I'm working on right this second. I have to see where this thing ends up. I need to see what happens after I block it. I know the swatch is the master. I swatched and blocked appropriately. I just can't believe it's going to turn out like the numbers say it should. I mean I really CAN'T WAIT. I don't believe it!

The back, 14" into it.




The fronts. Of course I'm knitting the fronts and back together. I do this for a whole lot of reasons but the real reason is because I feel like it goes faster and the knitting looks neater and cleaner. But because of this I have to wait to see the results. And if (god forbid) it's not what I want......RRRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiiiippppppp! It can at times be devastating and the end of a very good idea! But, I'm taking my chances on this one! This is coming to work with me tonight. I should get to the armhole bo's and maybe finish up a front or the back? Probably the back since I haven't thought about the front yet.


I'm feeling like a grosgrain button band binding or perhaps a zipper? Not sure about the collar either. On the one hand I'd like a really big ribbed collar. I mean BIG. Or on the other hand something super simple with some long short sleeves. You know the kind that go to the bottom of the bicep. Maybe folded back with a button? Not sure yet. I gotta get it off the needles.

Happy St. Patrick's day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I usually have multiple things going on the needles at the same time too! :) What is the ribbed cardigan for - is it for a publication? Looks great so far!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home