Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hey homie, I cracked open the Janome!

I've had my new sewing machine for exactly 8 days. I've been so busy that I couldn't even give it a test drive.

Well, today I had my tuesday sewing lesson and broke it out. Look what I made!



I've had a request to make a sweet 6th grader a dress for her first middle school dance! Well, here it is. I just had a fitting with her and need to adjust the bodice shaping a little (it's too big). It also gets a petticoat with a tulle ruffle at the bottom. Photos to come...

I'm totally diggin' it. I love my sewing machine. It's quiet (though I don't really care about that...I live in NYC). The tension is even. The threading is easy. Bobbin...easy. I can control how fast it goes with the pedal and on the dashboard. So I can push it half way on the dashboard control and then put the pedal to the floor and it will only go so fast. I love that. I'm sure there are a ton of other features that I love but don't know it yet.

I've completed the collar on my Knit Simple sweater. Kind of a pain but it's finished and it looks good. Now the sleeves. Then I'm done. Oh, then the pattern! I've been writing it as I go (this is a first!). So, I'm in pretty good shape on this thing. Due March 21st.

I have to start thinking about the 3 hats that I have to design. Because they are hats, I'm kind of thinking that I can just push them out in a day or two. I hope I'm right!

I heard today that Project Runway was cancelled. I guess I'm happy for Tim G. but sad for me. I'm sure they just didn't feel like they could replace him. I mean he is pretty irreplaceable. I'm going to miss him.

I also started sewing a dress for myself! I'm kind of doing it on my own (without my teacher!) I might have to show it to her on tuesday for some pointers. I don't really have the time to be sewing right now but I don't want to just sew on tuesdays. I need to get it going a little more during the week. I need to move my fingers a little faster with the knitting so that I can spend some time with my Janome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home