Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pit stop

I'm out of yarn.

Whew, I think I'm knitting faster than ever. I've almost finished another top. I have about maybe 2" to the underarm bo and then just the racer back and scoop neck. Maybe another 1/2 a ball.


I'm using Cotton Classic. The white is incredible. It is really making a beautiful fabric. This top is going to sell for something like 350.00 at retail. Crazy, I know. I don't think even when it's finished that I'll be able to get a good photo of all of the insane things I'm doing on the front. I'll explain: I'm knitting in the round. The back is straight stockinette. The front is stockinette but I'm pulling sts. from below and to the left or right and knitting them with the st. on the needle. So it creates this very texturized fabric. (see Sheila Hicks for inspiration!). It's super cool and very free spirited. No set pattern. Each top is unique. No two are the same. Priceless! They are very refreshing to knit because I have total freedom.

However, the hat that I'm supposed to crochet for monday is making me a little nervous. I think I'll be using A LOT of markers. I mean you literally cannot see anything with this yarn. When I finish up the tops and start on the hat, I'll take some pics. It's going to end up looking like one of those hats that russian men wear. You know sort of like what's her name in Austin Powers. The dominatrix type that hung with Dr. Evil. What is her name? Bah. I'll show you in a day or two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home