Friday, February 09, 2007

Odd & Ends

1. We received a letter of acceptance from LaGuardia H.S. ! And in addition to that, we also got one from Beacon. Decisions are due at the end of February. I can't begin to describe the excitement around here!

2. I met with the headhunter yesterday and they suggested that I might want to get involved with something that I did a bunch of years ago. They are thinking a position having to do with performance fabrics, etc. Yuk. I felt slightly discouraged because all that I want to do is knit. However, I guess I'll explore the opportunities just to be sure it isn't something that I'd like to do. I mean, for a bunch of years I was terribly interested in state of the art, performance wear. I got to work with some of the top manufacturers and it was really cool. I just thought that I had left all that behind. We'll see....

3. I met a couple of producers from the Today Show last night while I was at work. They were super nice. And after a few drinks they started to reveal some show secrets. I asked them a bunch of questions like what happened to Alexis Glick...After they picked themselves up off the floor from laughing so hard, explained that she was a horrible person and everyone was really glad that she was gone. They said that Matt is a foul mouthed prankster but unbelievably nice and that he and Meredith have some kinks to work out. Also that the show is going to go to 11:00. WHAT? I can't take Anne and Al for another hour. I also wanted to know if anyone other than me thought is was rude that the two stars don't sign off so to speak at 9. I think it's so weird that they just disappear. Don't you? They said I was alone in feeling that way. Anyway, they were nice and it made the night go by a little faster.

4. I finished one of my thrummed mitts. I LOVE it!!!! Well, I didn't actually finish it. I left the thumb off until I complete the second one. I'm a little worried that I'm not going to have enough yarn and roving. So I thought I could always use a contrasting color yarn for the thumbs. It was so cold at work last night that I wore my one thumbless mitt all night.

5. My mom did it again, only this time she hurt her other knee. Surgery might be in order this time. Argh...I think my sister is going to go and check on her to make sure through her stubborness that she is ok. I hope so...

6. My sister in law had to put her bunny, Izzie, down the other night. Izzie's the one that jumped down and somehow broke her back. She also had something called pseudamonis (sp?) that was making her really sick. I guess it all got to be too much for the little bunny. I'm sorry to see her go. She was a sweetie.

I guess that's it for now. I'll be off to work soon. My new hair colorist is going to a party where I work tonight. How funny is that. I hope my hair looks ok!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

first of all you are one of my everyday reads. I have been following your designing and life for a while (sort of sounds stalkerish) Congrats on all that has been happening, and I feel a little confused. You have to be an adult to work in a bar, but I *think* you have a child/teen or you are in some weird universe where you are designing clothes, lying about your age to work in a bar, and lying about your age to work in the fashion industry... anyhoo it sounds like lots of excitement.

Have you thought about teaching knitting classes, around the eastcoast? That may help with the designing knitting aspect of your life. Also don't forget to submit your designs to Interweave knits, and Knitters, plus the online places to get name recognition. Also being that you have had several designs accepted at Vogue, check yarn companies for their designer requirements. Think about having a place here on your own website where you can design and sell your patterns. Knitting is fun and can be rewarding keep the faith and best wishes

Patty

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home