Monday, February 05, 2007

I've joined the band wagon

Well, here it is. I couldn't just enjoy a free night. No plans. No deadlines. No work. Instead, having visited Purl earlier in the day and snagging 2 skeins of jade cashmere 6 ply, I decided to whip this out. It the thing everyone is knitting from knitty.com.



Instead of totally following the pattern, I cast on 20 fewer sts and did far fewer short rows. It's tooo big so I'm gifting it to a fellow girltender. However, since I said I bought 2 skeins of jade cashmere, while I'm sitting at Eva Scrivo's hair salon today I think I'll make one for me. It's in cream. This thing takes about an hour to make. And about 1/2 a skein. So instead of the 35.00 per skein you could conceivably get two which brings it down to 17.50 per headband. No so bad considering how incredible this yarn is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home