Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm Finished! (almost)

Scarf #1: This is a really interesting design...This scarf can either be worn like this. With the turtleneck being worn as a sleeve and then the rest of the scarf wrapping or draping around the body




or it can be worn like this. It's kind of like a dicky. Either way it's stunning. The color of this yarn is really beautiful.




And the back:





This is the sweater from before. It's supposed to get short sleeves but I can't find any more of this yarn...ANYWHERE! So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It is so beautiful. It looks pretty good without sleeves. A couple of yarn stores were closed yesterday so I'll give it one more try today....




This is a 60" scarf. The first 30" are knit sideways. So I cast on a whole bunch of stitches and knit in garter stitch for not a whole lot of rows...12" worth. Then I turned and picked up along the short edge and knit in the normal direction for another 30" only in stockinette. So it's 1/2 garter going in one direction and 1/2 stockinette going in the other direction. Neat.





This is the last scarf - #3.
It's got the big reversed cables like the other pieces. It's a bit shorter than the brown scarf. It has an opening at one end. I've reknit the end ribbing because it was too wide and saggy before. I actually cast off 20 sts. for the opening and then only cast on 12 sts for the ribbing on the next row. It seemed to have worked. It looks pretty nice.










The last piece is the 1/2 garter, 1/2 stockinette sweater. I added sleeves - one garter and one stockinette. My photo didn't turn out so I can't show you right now. But it's done.

And that's it. I have no knitting projects on the needles. I have no knitting for hire deadlines. I have absolutely no unfinished projects. WOW. This is strange!! Maybe I can actually get up and go work out! (after my sewing class!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home