Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Don't Laugh!

Ok, this is what I have to show from my sewing class...Please don't laugh at me. I'm making an A-line skirt with waist facing (not a waistband) and a zipper. I'm using a stretch corduroy (which means it has a nap) and there are stripes but no need for matching.

This is the skirt front without the waist facing. I made 2 pleats across the front but you can't really see them with this busy fabric.

And this is the skirt with the zipper installed. I did a placket zipper which means that you can't see it. Those things to the right and left of the zipper are the facing for the waist. That's next weeks lesson! The zipper turned out pretty good. You can't really see it and I think that's the point. I've only basted the side seams so far. I did this for fitting purposes. And it fits!



I have absolutely NO KNITTING NEWS! Wow, that's hard to say. I'm working on 4 pieces for Tom Scott but our meetings keep getting pushed back so I have nothing to show. I'm knitting partial pieces until we meet just in case I have to rip back and make changes. Our next meeting is now scheduled for friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home