Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So close but yet...

As you can see, I'm almost finished with the cashmere sweater redux... I have the second (inside) collar to knit. Then I'm finished. Though I'm having a problem. Actually, two...

The first is that the original collar didn't have as much fabric at the front edge. Mine is a little wider - about an inch. Problem?

The second is that you can see the short rows. For some reason even after picking up the wrap it is still showing up. Well it's showing up on the side of the collar where I purled the short rows....hmmmmm. I might be able to live with it but I'm not sure. I'm going to knit the second collar and see how it goes.

Here's the front:



Here's the back:




And here's a side view. Again, the color is not exactly correct. It has a little more brown in it.



In other knitting news, I've swatched the aurora 8 for the afghan for my brother-in-law. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do design-wise....I'm hoping that something comes to me soon!

I've also finished up swatching for Tom Scott. We're meeting tomorrow to go over final samples and then on to some sweaters...hopefully!!

And finally, I bought the Nike+ipod running kit. I knit up a little pouch for the sensor so that I can attach it to my current sneaks. I don't want the ones that nike is selling. I hope it works!!

That's it. Except that I watched the Gerald R. Ford funeral today. I cried my eyes out. I was a little shocked by my reaction. I don't know if it was a generational thing or if it was because my dad died and it reminded me of that....Henry Kissinger and Tom Brokaw were both amazing. Betty Ford looked so fragile and her family was totally supporting her. It was really beautiful to watch. I felt like I was watching an intimate family moment. But yet it was completely public. My heart goes out to the family.

2 Comments:

Blogger rarabecca said...

It seems every time I come back to your site you completed another project or almost. How fast of a knitter are you? I just wanted to add that I am totally impressed with the items you post. Bravo!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mary Pat said...

Yep....totally got me too. That shot of the kids at the top of the Capitol steps as the casket was being carried down and Hail to the Chief was playing.....totally lost it. Melted in a puddle of tears. Don't remember if it was before or after the make-up.

Sweater is spectacular. I'll bet it is yummy. Hope the TS stuff goes well.....I'm sure it will.
MP

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home