Sunday, December 17, 2006

Viva Tuscany!

Well, my sister has done it again! She's crochet(ed?) another dress for me. Isn't it beautiful? It's Tuscany from Interweave.



We picked out the yarn at Rhinebeck. It's squishy soft alpaca from A Touch of Twist. We bought 5 or 6 skeins....Hello, there are 678 yds on each skein! I not only got this incredible piece of art I now am the lucky recipient of at least 3 left over skeins. Boooyaaaah!!
It fits perfectly. I may have to shorten up the armholes a bit only because this alpaca is drapey. We'll see. For now it's perfect. I love it. Thank you. Thank you!!

I'm trying to let my fingers do the knitting but I think I'm going to run out of time. I'd rather have beautiful handknits a little late than sloppy on time knits. People still appreciate them...right? I hate, Hate, hate being late. I've been extra busy at work. Which only means that I've had to work LATE every night since wednesday. It totally makes me nuts because the more nights that I work the less sleep I get...why is that? (I guess I should call the Sleep Disorder Institute like my doc suggested!) Thursday was particularly insane. I was the "backup" girltender. All I had to do was show up at 8 and work a private party. Easy Peasy. Normally, I'm in the crazy spot where all of the real work happens...cocktail waitress, main bar, etc. The back up is pretty much just showing up and cashing in!! I made so much money it is almost hard to rationalize. The funny thing about bartending is that it is all cash all the time. Sometimes (like around the holidays) the money is on a one way street just speeding toward me. I know it's odd but it makes me feel uncomfortable. What I made on thursday, some people could pay their monthly bills with. I know it's not like I make a million dollars in a night but sometimes.. I think everyone should know how to bartend. If you ever find yourself in a rough patch you can always get a job and make some dough and get through the crisis. Plus it makes you more aware of how you behave as a customer....

bah, enough. I'm tired. I have knitting to do. Guests coming later....

Have a nice sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home