Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sidetracked

I was out shopping for yarn yesterday. The first stop was at School Products to check out their cashmere selection. Low and behold they had some more of the bulky squishy soft cashmere. Only this time it was called Donegal Tweed. I bought a brown and a lighter heathery brown. I then went to Purl and ended up buying 6 skeins of Jade Sapphire 2 ply in Driftwood. I'll be swatching that later tonight at work. I then made my way over to Downtown Yarns. Rita had made a scarf testing out some Shibori. It looks amazing. She had some problems with it but I got some great ideas. So I grabbed some Brown Sheep and I'm going to try out some Shibori. Photos to follow.

Anyway, I had big plans to start the sweater redo. But I got sidetracked with this...



I made another earflap hat. And a turtle. I threw them both in the wash and omg they are so soft!! I pinned the hat to my dress form and guess what...some of the dye came off on it. Waaaaah. Anyway, I made this for a nephew who goes snowboarding in Aspen. I hope he likes it. Apparently his friend started knitting. Maybe he will too. If he does I'll give him the pattern and he can make his own!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackson said...

Hey Heather, I am ryans friend who started knitting. Thank you for writting about me on your blog. Well, now I am quite experienced at knitting and I am knitting a cable knit blacket at the moment. Laura showed me the sweater you made her, it is beautiful. I love your stuff on the site. Hopefully when you come to visit the Bensons, here in LA, I will come over and show you my stuff.

See ya.

jackson

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home