Friday, November 24, 2006

Finally...

After numerous swatching bouts (like 15), I have finally come up with a pattern for my silken straw. FINALLY! I've never swatched this much. Ever. Anyway, I'm about half way through the first skein and I LOVE IT. I have no idea how far this one skein will go so I'm just knitting away to the end of it. When I get there I might change my plans for this project but for now I'm happily following my Weldon's pattern and knitting away. It's really beautiful. I'd show you but I don't want one or more people reading this blog to see the beauty yet. It's a surprise! I've come up with a really cool thing to make. Again I can't say but I'm feeling very Martha Stewart inspired! and I'm feeling super crafty! I'll have to visit a fabric store for this one!!!

Yesterday was awesome. I didn't have to do anything - just show up and eat (and drink). Very relaxing and stress free. I loved being at home. It seems like I'm always someplace else for the holidays. I've decided to stay home this year. If Christmas turns out like Thanksgiving it's gonna be a great way to end the year...New Year's will most likely be spent in Montauk at our friend's house. It's become a tradition over the years and it's great fun! Plus there's a new yarn store in Montauk!!!! I haven't been yet but I'm totally looking forward to it!

I'm going to go back to knitting. Then off to work later. whaaaaa. Hopefully the weekend will be a little slower than ususal because of the holiday. However, I thought that on Wednesday and yikes, it was busy! I'm thinking that everyone in new york city went shopping today and they are too pooped to go out drinking, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home