Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Prozac Nation

Well it's happened. My usually upbeat mood has taken a nose dive.... It's official. I'm in a funk. WTF? I don't really do funks well.

This is what happened:

1. The boobs on my "fun" little Knit.1 project looked like bloody hell on the model today. OMG, yuck. How can everything work like magic on my dress form and be so completely sucky on a real person? Really, how? ok, so the model had no boobs. That is actually a good thing. But wow really crappy. So, I've happily yanked the ta-tas off the top and will be happily crunching numbers later tonight or tomorrow. The changes have to be back to them by Monday. I sure hope all goes well or else...

2. I got my AKD materials back today. Whaaaaaaaaa. I was sent an email from them on November 3rd but I never received it. Really. I didn't. My email program lets me go WAAAAAAY back and it wasn't there. I guess they assumed that I wasn't going to respond so they sent the stuff back. CRAP. Also, my pattern that was enclosed was terrible. I honestly don't know what I was thinking about. It came back all marked up in red. Yes, in RED. How embarrassing. In my defense I was thinking that they wanted to see pattern writing to confirm that the designer can write patterns. It never dawned on me to be looking for things like my quotation marks to go in opposing directions. I don't even know how to make my keboard do that! Anyway, It's so humiliating. I just never EVER thought about it. So I guess it serves me right. Anyway, the note said that I could be an associate member. I sent an email back immediately. I tried to explain what happened so I'm waiting to hear back. I don't have good feelings about this. Not at all.

3. I'm tired. Really, really tired. 2 feakin' weeks of work and I'm very tired. I'm loaded down with dough but I'll never be able to get that sleep back ever again. It's gone. Forever.

4. I'm feeling like I need to do something other than bartend. I mean I love it but it's like drugs. The money is so easy and so awesome....but I'm not getting any younger, you know. tick tick tick. The problem is I only want to do things relating to knitting. But because I make so much cash I would have to get a seriously high paying day job in order to compete. Then my days would be spent working in an office. But I really don't want to work during the day. In an office. I want to be anti social for a while. Sounds like bartending is it for now! Crap.

5. My shift key keeps coming off my laptop. It just did it again. Crap.

Sooooooo, a little Prozac might be good right about now.

Oh, I've finished one and a half manly man sleeves. So all is not coompletely lost. But to the back baby I've got some hoochies to work on tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger dawnbrocco said...

Hi Heather,
Take heart! We all have times like that, where everything seems to be going wrong, and often, some of the difficulties linger with us for a long time, in a non-stop testing of our patience!

If it's any consolation, I didn't get accepted as a professional level member to the PKDG (now AKD) with my first attempt either, what was it? 10 years ago, maybe more.

It was a let down, rejections always are, but I was better designer when I submitted again and got in easily.
These things happen when they're meant to. So just give yourself a bit more time then try again.

I can't help with your keyboard key popping off! but, in ClarisWorks, the Mac WP prog I use to write my patterns, in the Preferences is a box to check for, what they call Smart Quotes. Maybe the prog you're using has something similar in its prefs?

And I know your regular job isn't fulfilling, but if it pays well, I'd be really grateful to have it. My dad's over 70 and still bartending! He's done it nearly my entire life.

I'm not in a position to have/get a good paying job, which makes designing all the more stressful, as it's my only source of income, so when sales are slow, it's painful, very painful!

But we plod on, doing the best we can! Good luck and I hope things look better soon!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home