Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

I celebrated my anniversary last night. The actual day was Friday but I was working so we went out last night. What an excellent night we had!!

We went to Balthazaar, one of our all time favorite places! If you've never been there you really should try to go. I love all of Keith McNally's restaurants but this is by far my favorite. It is such an incredibly beautiful space. I know it's french bistro style but it is So NY! And the food...mmm good. Instead of sitting in the dining room we opted for the bar. We totally enjoy going to top restaurants and eating at the bar. I don't know if it's the energy or the more casual atmosphere or what but we much prefer the bar. We started off with a bottle of vintage Veuve Cliquot Rose. I'm not a big Veuve fan but this bottle was surprisingly good. We ordered Kumimoto oysters. We talked and talked and talked. The bar got pretty busy but because we were sitting it didn't really bother us at all. We just kept talking. We decided to have another bottle of champagne! It was that good. Then we ordered a cheese plate. We love cheese. We are really into it and this cheese plate was quite tasty! And we talked some more. We went out pretty early and at around 8:15 I realized that I had never cancelled our reservation at La Esquina - another super good place. So we got our check (ouch!) and headed around the corner to La Esquina for some of the best Mexican food in the city. No kidding. This place is great. Again, we sat at the bar and ordered up some ridiculously good appetizers...and of course sangria and margaritas. We had an awesome time there as well, chit chatting with the staff and with each other. Really a great date. After La Esquina we headed around the corner to hang out with a friend at Palais Royale. Where we met the most amazing dog!! Porter. He's a mix of black lab, German short haired pointer and american bull dog. Wow! He was so beautiful and smart and awesome. We hung out there for a little bit and then decided to head home. We were actually home before midnight!!! How awesome is that? It's so nice going out in NYC. We rarely get the time to hang out together because of our crazy schedules but this was an excellent anniversary night out. Really special, really fun, totally full of love!

Unfortunately, his sweater is not finished! I'm up to the armpits. At some point yesterday I decided to add a red cashmere hem to the bottom. I'm not 100% sold on it. But I was getting bored knitting the body so I switched it up. It only prolonged the fact that the body was taking forever. Oh well. Now that I look at it I only have 2 sleeves and the raglan sleeve decreases to go. I should be able to whip this out in a day or 2. The problem is that I'm headed down to Soho Pub. to pick up a couple of projects....There goes November!

My sister-in-law gave me a few ideas for the sweater that she would like for me to make her...The November issue of InStyle has a section on sweaters. She likes the longer cardigan with the fur lining. Hmmm. How will I do that? Sounds like a challenge. I hate fake fur and I definitely won't use real fur so this will be interesting...It will give something to think about while I work on the other projects...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

Congratulations on 16 years!!!!!Sounds like an amazing night. I'm glad you took the time to go out and celebrate together. You never get the chance to do it and you guys totally deserve it.
MP

1:39 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Plymouth Foxy is dreadfully expensive, but it looks almost real, it does not have that shiny polyester look to it...enjoying your blog!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home