Monday, October 23, 2006

Checking off a few things on my TO DO list!

1. Angora Sweater
Sleeves, seaming, blocking, yeha. It pretty much turned out the way I wanted it to. It's waaaayyy nicer than the one that I was inspired by... which was an Anthropologie sweater where the collar attached at the side seams. Very unflattering! I love the longer, fitted arms. I love the ties. I love it.




2. Limbo Bird Hat
Second colorway. Still love it. I think this one will be for me. I have a pink ski jacket that this will look great with!



3. Pink Multi colored 100% cashmere hand-dyed scarf
Hated the yarn. I've already snagged it in my zipper. But it's super soft and rather pretty and VERY light. So ok, I like it!



4. Second Earflap Hat
This one I did all in Stockinette. I made it a little smaller than the ribbed one. I used Malabrigo yarn for the edging, pompom and ties. I blocked it before I added the pompom this time! It looks better in real life than in this crummy photo. I actually love it. It's soooo soft.


5. Malabrigo Scarf
Matches the hat. I used the Yarn Harlot's pattern. It's ok. Actually it looks pretty nice now that there is some length happening. I felt like the fabric was too tight. I thought maybe I should use bigger needles but I didn't have any with me at the time. So this is it. It will look nice with the hat. (The closures are from Rhinebeck!)




6. SEE FALL COLORS!!!!
OMG the colors were incredible. What a beautiful day to get out of the city and look at the leaves. UNBELIEVABLE. All my photos blew. Trust me, they were stunning!






7. Go to Rhinebeck!!!
Rhinebeck was amazing. I got home from work at 5am sunday morning and we left at 10 so I was pretty pooped. But rallied once we got there.It was a beautiful day. I saw everything.




8. Buy yarn for Tuscany Dress
I bought yarn for the Tuscany dress (Interweave). My sister is going to make it for me. (yippee)I bought 2 skeins of Fawn and 3 skeins of Carmel. It's going to be amazing. Pictures to follow....



9. Learn to spin
I bought a book and a drop spindle to teach myself how to do it!





10. Buy Roving
I felt every piece of roving at Rhinebeck. It seemed like a lot of it had silk in it?? I have no idea why but maybe after I learn how to do this I'll understand why?? This was really soft and the color was pretty. So I bought a pound of it. I have no idea how much yarn that makes. hmmmm.



11. Not on the to do list....Yummy hand cream.
This stuff is amazing. It's from Maggiesfarm. It smells divine.



12. Silk Cap (2 of them)
This is amazing!! You can draft directly from the cap!! I'm going to make some lovely little scafy thing. Can't wait to figure it out and show pics! It's made from hundreds (?) of silk cocoons. It's pretty cool.


That's it for now. It feels so nice to check off so many things. It's nice to have no unfinished projects. I guess I have to work on my apartment now....woohoo.

1 Comments:

Blogger altaviese said...

Haha, I too bought a bunch of roving without knowing how to spin it.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home