Thursday, October 05, 2006

We Call Them Pirates

Tomorrow I'm going to begin the We Call Them Pirates hat from helloyarn.com. I bought some Aurora4 today at KnitNY on sale. 25% off! I ended up buying all of the black (6 balls at 196 yds. each) and all of the white (only 1 ball). I think the hat will use up 1 black and a partial white. I would love to make the mittens to match but probably won't have enough white. If I love the pattern maybe I'll look for more...Although there will be enough black left over for a sweater!

I finished the scarf/shawl last night at work. I love working on wednesday nights because I usually get to knit most of the night. Even if it gets busy I'm usually able to work on something. I try not to bring too complicated a project because it is super dark and I'm constantly interrupted. But I can get some great knitting in. The scarf ended up being about 15" w x 7' l before fringe. The fringe adds about another 6" to each end. It's really beautiful. I wish it was for me. I also made some short wristlets. Basically I knit a swatch and added a full ruffle at the end. I'm thinking the ruffle will peek out from under the cuff of the coat. I did yo's before the ruffle and threaded the same ribbon as the finge through the yo's. Very nice.

I added the second tie to my angora sweater. I still like it. Time to make the sleeves. Maybe I'll do them at the same time. I've decided to do long, straight, fitted sleeves instead of any shaping. I think they'll be nice with everything going on at the neckline. Photos to come...

It was cold today. Just in time for October baseball! I think the heat was turned on in my building!! I guess we won't be seeing these for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home