Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Fluffy, Yummy Mohair Scarf

I haven't finished the angora sweater yet. I added one of the ties. Two sleeves and a tie to go! I'll show you then...

In the meantime:
I puchased about 1,000 yards of the most amazing charcoal grey cashmere the other day. I bought it because my niece is at Penn and is going to experience winter for the first time in her life. She's from LA. I'm going to make her a hat, scarf, wristlets and whatever else I can think of. Her mom told me that she ONLY wears dark colors. Greys, black. The cashmere is PERFECT. Well I was texting my niece the other day and she said she wanted a yummy scarf in a LIGHT color. Hmmm, the charcoal grey definitely won't work! So, I went through my stash and found a huge ball of light grey/off white mohair. Not scratchy mohair but a soft not too furry mohair. I cast on 40 sts on size 11's and began working in Turkish St. (yo,k2tog) I'm about 5' into it. It's about 15" wide. It's lovely. I went to M&J Trimmings yesterday and picked up some organza ribbon for fringe. I'm not crazy about mohair trim. Sometimes is looks a little frizzy and sloppy. So I bought a light and a dark grey. One is 1/4" the other is 1/2". I think it's going to look really great! I'll show you when I'm finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home