Monday, October 02, 2006

My First Post!

I have thought about having a blog for a while. I have walked around NYC with thoughts of "hmmm, that photo would be great on my blog" for so long that I just decided to go ahead and do it. I am a bartender in a busy NYC lounge and I am an avid knitter. I mostly want to write about knitting but of course there's the bartending...I have lots of questions about why people behave the way they do when they are out on the town (and drinking). I'll get to those later...

First, the knitting...I have been working on a couple of projects

1. The Pink Sweater


I love this little sweater. I love the deep ribbing at the bottom and the ribbed short sleeves. I love the length. However, I cannot decide on a collar treatment. I've tried a basic 2 row garter. Not so great. I've tried a cute jersey roll (not with this cotton!) So now I'm thinking of a little crochet trim. The buttons are these fantastic antique milk buttons that Rita had at Downtown Yarns. I'm thinking this might be for my mom for the holidays but I can't decide...

2. When I got my new Treo 700p the other day (yay!), one of the first things I did was input all of the yarn in my stash!! (# of balls, color, length, gauge, etc.) And I came across this one lone ball of Schoeller + Stahl "Limbo". I must have purchased it a few years ago because I went back to Rita (at Downtown Yarns) and asked her for more. Apparently she hasn't had this yarn for 2 years. I knit it up super fast and finished it off with a cute little bird button. I love it. I ordered 2 more balls of it on the internet. One in this color way and one in a similar colorway but with a little pink in it. (I'm thinking teacher holiday gifts!!)


3. The last thing for this post is an angora sweater. I bought the yarn at the Joan Vass yarn sale last year. I think I bought 15 balls for $30. SCORE! The grey brown undertone with the cream overtones make this yarn so beautiful. And once it's blocked it stops shedding! I was thinking of a deep v neck pullover with a shawl collar. The collar would then turn into ties that wrap around the body and tie in front. Maybe getting thinner as it wrapped so that the tie wouldn't be too bulky. So far so good. I think the sleeves will be slightly belled at the bottom and very fitted in the upper arm. Because the length is a little longer than usual, I think the fitted sleeves will work perfectly. Although now that I think about it maybe just an extra long, fitted sleeve will work best. hmmm. To be continued!



I also made an earflap cap with 100% cashmere that I bought at School Products. It is so yummy. In my excitement I tossed it in the washer to fluff it up (like with any good cashmere) and the pom pom came out looking like a wet rat. So I cut it off. The hat still looks good and is wearable but I really liked the pom pom. So I think I'll add a new one. Then I'll post a photo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karola said...

Heather, i love your blog.. it might force me finally to talk about my knitting projects and maybe even get motivated to domore faster.. i used to.. but have been on a very bad slump lately.. anyway sorry we didn't meet before i left nyc in july.. but if you are ever out here in Arizona please drop me a line.. and visit my SNB in Queen Creek on Monday nites :-) Karola

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home