Monday, October 09, 2006

You call them pirates. I call them finished!

I finished We Call them Pirates. I LOVED making it. I used Aurora 4 like I said previously. 1 ball black and 1 ball white. (I still have 5 balls of black left!!) My gauge was totally off but I knit it up anyway. To make it wearable I added an extra repeat of the skull. I used a fantastic red cashmere/silk blend for the lining. The lining is super soft and contrasts the black and white nicely. All in all, the hat is awesome. I made it between 6 and 10 on saturday night before it got CRAZY at work! (which it got!!!)



Here's a pic of the cashmere earflap hat that I made. It doesn't look so great here but let me tell you...IT'S GREAT! So many people have asked me for the pattern. Before I write the pattern I'm going to make one that is all stockinette...no ribbing. I want to see which one fits best. Although, this one is going to be hard to beat! I could make this hat a thousand times and still love it. IT NEEDS A POM POM!!




Oh, my 2 ball of Limbo came in!! I'm definitely going to use it for teacher gifts! The second color way (the one with the pink) is really pretty. I might have to keep that one for me. I still have 2 more bird buttons so these will get the birds!


Did I show you the final scarf with the fringe? Pretty, right? (notice the sleeveless sweater underneath?)



Some friends just got married and took their honeymoon in Italy. They took some pictures of sweaters in the windows in Rome. I'm now inspired to make a basic cardigan with an embellished button band/collar. Very Rowan inspired - crocheted floweres, etc. I have to go ransack the stash and find some yarn for the project. I have to tell you, I really liked the Aurora 4. It is really soft and comes out so smooth and consistent. My gauge came in at about 7 sts". Really lovely!

Movers are coming today to deliver bedroom furniture. But guess what? The elevator is broken. Excellent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home