Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Little Crochet...

I designed this top for Lion Brand. It is a simple motif that when put together looks really great. Super easy. Big payoff.








It was in the recent Lion Brand catalog. You can find it here . If you click on the catalog and browse though the different pages you'll see it. I think it's on page 9. I also designed the Ruffle scarf maybe page 23?. It is toward the back of the catalog. This is what it looked like in my apartment. Well this is the black one. I did both of the cream versions that are on the website. It is really interesting to knit with. I love the possiblities of it.


My most recent great idea with the black cashmere is about to be back in skein form! I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and was looking through some of the newer knitting/crochet books. I picked up one that was lovely. (I can't remember the name of it). I was going to buy it but then when I actually started looking at the designs, I realized that there were 3 patterns for MY GREAT IDEA!!! I couldn't believe it. I wasn't completely sold on MY GREAT IDEA but I was giving it some time on the mannequin. It's official. I hate it. I love the yarn and I'm not going to waste it. So now I'll just have really clean yarn! On to the next great idea!

Let's see, while I was letting that gel, I went to the DUMBO arts festival in Brooklyn on Sunday. It's always a really great time. It's pretty inspiring to get to go into the artists' studios. and see all their stuff. I met the most amazing sculptor by the name of Paige Bradley. She does the most beautiful bodies. Look her up. I'm sure she has a web site. I lost her card at the moment. Definitely check her out.

I made another scarf too. I don't know what's up with me and scarves. I've never been a scarf knitter. EVER. It's weird. This one is made from lace weight cashmere boucle. Handpainted. 285 yards. I bought it from School Products the other day when I bought the other cashmere. This was a total pain to knit with however, it is super soft and super light. I like it. I'm going to toss it in the wash and then I'll take a pic.

My sister is coming tomorrow. She was in Philadelphia on business but is going to make a long weekend of it because we're going to RHINEBECK!!!!! I totally can't wait. Last year was really great. It was my first time so I had no idea what to expect. Now I do. I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in the spring to warm up!! It was super fun. I bought some incredibly beautiful yarns. I'm looking to do the same on Sunday. I have to work on Friday and Saturday nights so Sunday it is. It's cool. I can totally do it in a day. I know what I like and I know what I want. (I hope there is kettle corn!) I don't know any other knitters (except my sister!) so there won't be any distractions!

Oh, in my lap is the pink sweater. I've finally added the collar. YAY! I'll take a pic of that too.

I'm thinking about christmas gifts. I haven't come up with anything yet for a couple of people. Maybe more than a couple. I'll probably end up making sweaters. I might make that beautiful butterfly dress that was in the Rowan mag. last season. It's still beautiful. It looks pretty straight forward. Hmmm.

The Mets don't look so good right now. Bottom of the 6th. Mets 2 St. Louis 4. Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home