Friday, October 27, 2006

Oh Yeah!


That's right!! 6 skeins of Silken Straw by Alchemy. 100% silk. This is going to be one fantastic shawl, wrap thingy for some very special person. (She that will not be named) Have you ever seen this stuff knit up? OMG. It is gorgeous. I was at Purl yesterday looking for some lacey weight variegated fall color yarn. Couldn't find anything. Then Kablammy. There it was... And how nice of them to show it to me all knit up into a fabulous little swatch. OMG!!!!!!!! YOWZA! I'll take 6 (at $24.50, ouch) Can't wait!! Know of any good shawl patterns??

Here's the problem...I've been trying to get a bunch of knitting done for the holidays because I've been free from deadlines. Well as of Monday that's going to change. I'm picking up 2 projects from a magazine that are due at the end of November....which can only mean .....Complicated. So there goes November. This will leave me 3 weeks to make:

1. The shawl with that gorgeous silk - from above. Oh probably 8 (10/12)days worth of knitting once I find the pattern or design something. I have roughly 1400 yds. I oughta be able to make something brilliant with that, right?

2. This fabulous manly sweater - 100% love, 100% alpaca. Size 7's. Seamless.
but Holy crap...I knit all night at work. I knit all morning. Dear lord when will I get somewhere on this thing...The other problem, which could quite possibly be a fatal one, is that this beautiful ball of yuminess has for the past 2 years been a 3 x 2 ribbed sweater....about 3 sizes too big...in a box...SO, I just snipped and rewound and started knitting. ALPACA HAS MEMORY. I'm concerned. but not enough to stop, wash, dry and reknit. I'm going for broke. I'll pray to the blocking gods and throw a penny in the fountain for good luck!! (Another 5 days at this snails pace)





3. Next up there is a lovely Lorna's Swirl Chunky in Island Blue EARFLAP HAT in a sweat little girls future to go with her brand spankin' new chocolate brown, puffy, knee length coat! YEEHA. That is one lucky girl... (sorry the photo looks crappy. I have too much flair going on) My only concern on this is that I won't have enough. This was the only skein left in this colorway (her favorite) so if necessary I'll dip back into that cashmere from the ribbed earflap hat and finish it off. OK that's like a half a day.



Total days: 13.5(15/17)...yeah, right. Not in a billion years. Plus I have to make a sweater for my sis-in-law. However, she may be s-o-l if she doesn't get me some ideas of what she wants...she's had a month so far to get me something...Time doesn't stand still, sistah....

And my other s-i-l...hmmm. I'll just give her some good ideas and she can make her own sweater...Or maybe I'll buy her the yarn and write up a pattern or better yet...buy one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home