Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm a lucky duck!

Happy November!

The weather has been unbelievable in NYC. Halloween was almost balmy! I think we've seen the last of it though. It's definitely chilly today...

On to the knitting!
I picked up my fabulous projects from Soho. I am indeed a lucky girl. First of all, I am so lucky that I know how to knit in this day and age. I feel tremendously sorry for those that don't know how to do it or have some strange hang up about it. I think the world would be a better place if everyone had to knit or crochet their own things. Or if everyone had to make things for other people. That would be even better. OMG, we would all try so hard all of the time and we would all want to make beautiful, mistake free garments for our loved ones. Maybe with crazy unconventional ideas thrown in just to show off! Oh wait, some of us already do that!! but could you imagine getting a scarf from someone that has just learned how to knit? The pride on their face when giving you the object of love? It would be awesome.

I don't really want to discuss my new projects from Soho pub. because of contracts and all but WOW! They are really great...challenging, beautiful, fun to knit. All of the best things about knitting for hire. None of the scary, "Holy crap, I can't do this" stuff going on. YAY! And the deadlines are like far, far away. SCORE!!

My manly man sweater is coming along. It's been tried on. It seems a bit large but not like the sweater it once was and now is no longer. The red cashmere hem is lovely particulary in contrast with the heathery brown alpaca. I'm on the sleeves. I had to buy (yes purchase) some size 7 dpn's. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I know for a fact that I have about 20 little size 7 dpn's around here. Oh well, it gave me a reason to stop by Purl. God they have nice yarn....

I've decided (75%) that I'm going to make the beautiful coat in the latest Rebecca magazine for my sis in law. Well actually, I've sent her a pic of it to see if she likes it. I think it is amazing. If I saw that on someone I would have to stop them on the street and check it out. Really. I love it that much. I'm not sure I'll make it out of the yarn they suggest. I saw some divine yumminess at Purl yesterday. But we'll see. First she has to like it. Then we can pick yarn. It CANNOT be heavy. I want it to be like mohair light (I know not actually that light but not like Manos or anything heavy like that). However it is 4 st. "? hmmmm.

I still haven't found a shawl pattern that I love for that other someone special. I'm a little distracted right now with the Vogue stuff but I don't think these will take me the entire month. So hopefully I could actually finish my holiday knitting in a timely manner. That would be fantastic!!

Well, off to get a mammogram. Have you had yours? Do yourself a favor, make an appointment TODAY.

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home