Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ahhh, a second chance!!

Wow, those folks at AKD sure are nice. I'm getting a second chance. Well not really a second chance but a chance to explain myself. I get to clarify what I was up to. Yay. Super excellent!! Yippee.

I, in fact, did not work on boobs today. I finished the sleeves, joined and now I'm headin' for home! My manly man sweater should be finished tonight! It's crazy how much memory is in alpaca. Since I didn't play by the rules this sweater could have some memory issues. As I said I pulled out a beautiful sweater that was worked in a rib pattern throughout and just blazed ahead with this simple little number. The yarn is incredibly wavy from it's previous stitches. After I do all of the finishing I'm going to give this baby a good soaking. Major pinning. Lots of love. We'll see what happens...

I met with Dona who is the proud new owner of Yarntopia. It's a store that is opening on the upper, upper west side. She was really nice and totally crazed. She's planning on opening the day after Thanksgiving!! She was looking for a couple of people to help customers with their problem projects during the first few weeks that she's open. It's a great idea. She asked me for my schedule so I emailed it to her but I think that because I work those primo nights that she won't be able to use me. Oh well, I can still go and hang out in her store... It was really nice to be asked...

I'm thinking about making some items for sale. Possibly inernet or internet and boutique. I've done it before and it's awesome but I don't really love making the same thing more than about 3 times (max!). But this would be a little bit different. It's in response to how I was feeling yesterday but it's also something that I've been tossing around for a while. I might start with baby but that's not definine either. Anyway, I'm trying to stay on top of my feelings from yesterday and to capitalize on some good thinking time. I'll do boobs tomorrow!!

Today was a good day. For most of it I wanted to just pull over from my life and take a time out. I wanted some bench time. I promised I would pick up exactly where I left off. But instead I went out to lunch with a special someone, talked, talked some more and then poof my head changed and here I am feeling all positive again. Even with the boobs hanging over me and my shift key popping off. I can't complain. My life is beautiful!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home