Monday, November 27, 2006

UGH!

Ok, I really loved the Weldon's pattern that I picked out. I really loved the silken straw that I bought a month ago. I even loved ripping back and reknitting the first few times. I'm now officially over it. Totally and completely over it!! I have knit this pattern for 2 days and have not gotten through one skein of this stuff. Holy crap, it's not than many yards. I'm using size 5's not 000's. I'm a fast knitter. I can get through just about anything in a relatively short amount of time. Is it worth it? I mean it's really pretty. I've gone back and forth a number of times as to what this is actually going to be. I had a brilliant idea but then the knitting didn't cooperate. (sorry Martha!) I'm going to give it one more day. Then, that's it!

In other knitting news, I finished the Karabella lace mohair scarf. It's very pretty. I went to M&J and picked 15 yds of hand dyed silk ribbon and 15 yds of chiffon ribbon to use as fringe on the scarf. ($$$ ouch!) I'll take a picture after I finish it. The espresso yarn and the two espresso ribbons match perfectly. I can't wait to see the final piece!!

And finally, I have to complete the Vogue piece that I started a few weeks ago. I should probably work on it tomorrow and wednesday.

I'm wondering why I have put this crazy pressure on myself to knit all of my gifts for the holidays. I'm in pretty good shape but there are a few stragglers out there and it makes me a little nervous...bah...whatever, I'll do what I can and buy the rest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home