Friday, December 08, 2006

Shibori My Way

First knit up a 16" square of Brown Sheep. Try unsuccessfully to duplicate st. a little something in the center prior to felting. Using a rubber band and some river rocks tie off little sections of swatch. I used 4 rocks in each corner (I just eyeballed where I tied them.)

Throw swatch in the washer on hot with a little detergent and see what you get.

This is what my surprise was after 2 full washings. Notice the really nice center. Oh well....



Next:

Embellish with brand spankin' new embroidery skills. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!


Notice the corners where the rocks were. I think you can click on the photo and blow it up a little. They didn't felt!!! That's the whole idea behind shibori. I wish you could see this better. I tried a little duplicate st. on the unfelted bobbles just to show them off a little better. See. On the bottom 2?

I know it's super simple but I love it. It's way better than cleaning!!


I'm going to use that cute grape fabric for backing and make a pillow. why not? It's 2 firsts. Shibori and embroidery. I should remember them, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

Hey, that's pretty darn cute.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home