Wednesday, December 20, 2006

One piece at a time


This is the back of the cashmere sweater that I blocked last night. I blocked it a little long so when all pieces are seamed I'll reblock the entire sweater to proper size. I cannot emphasize how fantastic this yarn is. It is so soft before blocking but after...YOWZA!

And here is the front. Both fronts on the dress form in place. The red waste yarn is there only for inside hemming purposes. It will be removed. All shaping has been done by changing needle size!!! The number of stitches remains constant. It's really cool...very mathematical!



And a side photo...The armhole opening seems a bit large. However, the sleeves are very slim...10" from mid forearm allof the way to the cap. The sleeve cap will be more vertical than horizontal to continue the slim, japanese style of the sweater. I think it's going to be great.



I just have to figure out the collar now. It's super important. I guess it's going to be 2 pieces using short rows and then a 3 needle bo at the top? Haven't quite figured it out yet. I'll be thinking about it while I knit the sleeves.

I met with Tom Scott the other day to start working on his hand knits for the 2007 fall collection! I'll be swatching some really, really cool things for him this week. Deconstruction at it's best!! I can't wait to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home