Wednesday, December 20, 2006

But I thought...

I just finished making 16 dozen cookies for 16 different teachers! UGH!!! I thought that gift giving at this school was not allowed. It's always been that way unless the gift was for the classroom in general. Not this year! The good new is that A. I'm done B. It wasn't so bad C. They taste really good!! I never would have made cookies but there just isn't enough time to figure out what 16 teachers might want. Besides, Martha says handmade is best. So Voila! the fastest 16 gifts I've ever made!

I finished the back of the cashmere sweater! oh yeah! 2 sleeves and a collar to go. I am so running out of yarn. I'm knee deep into the 5th skein. I figure each sleeve will probably take very close to a full skein. I'm hoping not more. So I'll probably need 3 more - just to be safe. Hey wait, I have one left so only 2 more. yay. I've already called the recipient and told her this will not be making it by the 25th. She was fine with it. I guess I'm fine with it too.

I got some very distressing news today. My sister-in-law's bunny, Izzie, broke her back and her hip early this morning. She's paralyzed in her hind quarters. It's such a tragedy. I guess she's going to give her 36 hrs and then evaluate the situation. She may have to put Izzie down. It's so sad. My s-i-l got this rabbit when whe was diagnosed with cancer. She made it through chemo with the help of Izzie. And now Izzie is the one suffering. It's so hard when a pet is in danger or is sick. You wish so much that they could talk to you so that you knew exactly what they wanted you to do. At least humans can tell one another how they are feeling and if they would just rather let go and die. Or if they want to fight it out. Cute, sweet little bunnies can't do that. I'm very sad for Izzie and for my sister-in-law. I'm thinking about them and praying for a quick decision....

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

ooconwPlease tell K I'm thinking of her and Izzie......It sucks!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home