Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Stress free and feeling fine (almost)

This holiday season has been almost completely stress free. I didn't suffer from poor time management. I didn't suffer from overeating or drinking. I didn't suffer from bad relative visits. I didn't suffer from waiting in horribly long lines or overcrowded stores. I honestly didn't suffer from anything. It's been a super easy season so far. I have really enjoyed being home. It seems like we are always going somewhere. And at the time that is cool. But to wake up knowing that it's just us...well, it is really a great feeling.

I made a bunch of gifts this year. I hope they were well received. But really who would say otherwise. "Oh I hate the sweater you made me." Or, "this hat blows"... I have issues when it comes to my knitting. Yes I get paid a lot of money to knit and design for companies or magazines or designers but when it comes to personal knitting for people that I know and love, I feel slightly inadequate. Isnt' that weird? I mean, it's great to get a gift that someone worked on. I love it. But for some reason when I'm doing the giving a simple scarf or hat seems a little uh underwhelming. I know....I'm an odd duck. Even when people fall all over me when they see me after I've made them something, I just sort of don't believe them. It's a tick in me. It's always been there. And I suppose I'm working on it. I think I will continue to make gifts for people so that I can work on my emotional state. So I guess, thanks to everyone who thanked me sincerely for the gifts that I made. Though I don't believe you for one second, I'm grateful that you said so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

I really did love the lace. It was stunning when I saw it on the blog and it is stunning in 3D. Believe it or not.....you choose.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home