Friday, December 29, 2006

Previews...

I just saw two (three) tops that I did for Soho publishing. I designed the first two and the third one I knit for their tutorial. Norah Gaughn designed it. The first is here. I had to redo the top portion of it because the boobs were too small. I thought they ended up too big but I guess they fit on this model.

The second is here. (The Subject Is Rose.) The third is the cover photo for the issue.

It's nice to see my work in print. However, I'm not too happy with the actual pieces. These were definitely not my best. I mean the knitting was fine. But for example, the intarsia sweater was just a gigantic nightmare. I almost gave up knitting altogether. Really. It had me in tears. The sweater design was great but the intarsia pattern, uh....questionable.

I'm a little disappointed because I knit up a beautiful cabled cashmere sweater that I'm not actually seeing in the preview. whaaa. It was lovely. I guess I'll wait to see if it's in the actual issue before I post it here. If it's not there, it'll be here!

Knitting for hire is weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home