Monday, January 08, 2007

AKD Member, Professional Designer! Wooo Hooo!!

I just got an email notifying me of my official acceptance as a Professional Designer in the Association of Knitwear Designers (AKD). YEEEEHHHHAAAAA! Finally, Some good news. As you may recall, I had a do-over. I was able to resend a pattern because my original submission was crap and a work in progress. I sent this one last week and voila! I'm a professional. Now maybe I'll start acting like one!

I finishd the cashmere sweater that I was working on. I gave it a nice final blocking today. I used that newish product called SOAK. Uh, LOVE IT! This sweater smells so good. And it's so soft. I want to keep it for myself! I'm having a few unresolved issues with the collar. I'm not loving the short rows. I didn't want to see anything. But I can see the short rows a bit. I did the w & t, then picked up the wrap and knit it together with the st. but yet I can still see it. Bah. Whatever. It's finished. I'll be seeing my SIL this weekend so we'll see what she thinks. I sure hope it fits her! Arghh. Why did I just think of that? I actually think it will fit her but it will be a little more fitted than the sample that she gave me to go from.







I met with Tom Scott today. He is like a breath of fresh air. I'll be making 3 of the coolest, most refreshing items for him for his fall '07 collection. I'll show as I go. Super awesome.

I also got one of my birthday presents to myself today in the mail....Weaving as a Metaphor by Sheila Hicks. It's a beaut. Everything about this book is amazing. The design of the book to her designs in the book. Check it out. I bought mine from Amazon but I'm sure there are other places to get it. I'll be taking it on the plane with me to read this weekend. I'm going to Raleigh for my MIL's birthday. I hope there is a yarn store there. I love checking out foreign yarn stores.

I've barely started the throw for my b-i-l. I'll be seeing him this weekend too. He'll just have to wait! I can guarantee that he'll have it before next christmas. But that's all I can guarantee!

That's it for today. I have to go wind some wool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

Oh Yeah....that's my sister....the PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeee!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home