Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Headhunters, oh brother!

I'm meeting with a headhunter tomorrow afternoon. They are almost as bad an nyc real estate "brokers". They both make you feel gross and cheap. But they are a necessary evil....

So, I'm printing out a bunch of photos from some recent knitting. Wow! I knit a lot! I never really think about how much I've done but when it's sitting in front of me on little 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper it's A LOT! Wow and double wow.

The meeting is no big deal. They just have to see you in person so that if they send you to say Calvin Klein or Marc Jacobs that you look presentable. It's a total pain in the neck but it's close to work and it's probably a good idea to pull my stuff together.

On the knitting front, I have nothing going on right now. I'm thinking of knitting a coat. Maybe because it's cold out though I've been thinking about knitting one for a while. I should design it myself but there was a super cute pattern in the last issue of Rebecca. (Not the spring issue, the winter issue). Maybe I'll start with that and see where I end up. I also really thought that the entrelac coat in Vogue was amazing. Wouldn't it be great to get a jump on holiday knitting?

I started a dress yesterday in my sewing class. I think I'm in the market for a new sewing machine. My current one is fine but there are some tension issues that I'm not sure can be fixed. I asked my mom what she thought because, ahem, she's an amazing seamstress. She emailed some ideas to me so I'm going to surf the internet and see what I come up with. I don't need anything too fancy but I want a really solid machine. I want to be able to sew basic clothing but also some home decor pieces. And who knows maybe some day far far away, I'll quilt.

I'm off to shop in my stash!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home