Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh crap!

I didn't knit any tank tops. I know, what a surprise. I never saw that one coming! Anyway, I now have a new policy...No winding of eco-wool until the tank tops are complete! Here's where I am as of this afternoon....One ball of yarn. 478 yards. 11 inches into this beaut...







I had a plan before I started this sweater but about 6" into it I had a panic attack. So I started the decreases sooner than planned. Because there are so many stitches on the needle, it's impossible to tell what's up. I'm also deliberating over the length. I just can't decide. I was originally going to make it about 6" longer than CB length. You know, more hip length. But then I thought, hmm maybe it would be nicer a bit shorter. Grrrrrr. I can't decide. So, I'm at 11". I think I'll go to about 14 and take another look. It's critical because I need to do the final decrease to make the whole thing come together. Ahhhhhhhhh. It makes me nuts! I love it!

I went to the String one day moving sale today. I was there a little early and thank goodness was in the first round of people to be let in. I picked up a bag of black Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere for 3.oo a ball (10 balls = $30 bucks for the bag), 4 balls of a rust/dark orange Big Tweedy Cashmere for 8.50 each and 3 hanks of Classic Elite Indulge in a brown/beige. They were supposed to be 20.00 each but I think I was only charged 2.00! I paid cash so I'm not completely sure. Anyway, I think I did ok. No purples or yellows or anything that I won't ever use. Mostly cashmere (my current favorite) I think I can honestly say that as of today I have control in yarn sale environments. (gold star to me!)

I watched the Academy Awards tonight. Such pretty dresses...My only question is what happened to Philip Seymour Hoffman?

Oh, so I had this idea to stencil on a sweater. Maybe using bleach or fabric paint. Think it would work? I want to make a man's vest. I want to stencil a deer or something on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

I had the exact same thought about P.S. Hoffman. The dresses were exquisite. Nicole Kidman looked STUNNING! Love the DB Cotton Cashmere, it's great to work with.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Lucky you getting to that sale! I was going to try to make it, but couldn't get my stupid butt out of bed in time. Sounds like there was some exquisite stuff there.

I love Philip Seymour Hoffman. I saw him in a production of O'Neill's Long Day's journey into Night a couple of years ago at the Plymouth Theatre. I was a student at the time and managed to score $25 student tix. I was pretty happy...

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home