Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sorry!

I have three drafts that I've never posted. They were all bartending related. None of them were very nice! I needed some r&r since I worked last week. I had a serious attitude problem So best that I keep it all to myself and let it just fizzle out. The past 3 weeks have been totally exhausting. But I'm feeling 100% better. I'm rested. I'm relaxed. I've recovered from the nightmare that is my current job! The closer it gets to being over, the closer I get to losing my mind! ahh, enough said.

I got an email from Soho publishing yesterday saying some yarn is on the way. Whatever they picked (it's for Knit Simple) they want me to make it in a size 12. Apparently the yarn is super awesome. So I'm looking forward to getting that in the mail.

I'm doing production on Tom Scott's s/s '07 tank top that I knit for him. I hate production. I don't want to make the same thing over and over again. Plus he's not paying me a whole lot of money. argh. Why do I agree to this? ah, whatever...I don't have to make that many. And I am getting paid.

I just started thinking about MDS&W....If you know what that is, are you thinking about it?

I made 2 earflap hats. I don't have any photos. I'm definitely going to submit the pattern somewhere. I've tweaked it so that it really fits great plus I've sized it in a super easy way so that it can fit small or large heads. Plus the bonus is that it takes literally about 2 hours to make. I've made them out of super yummy cashmere.

I haven't been designing too much lately. I've been practicing my sketching on the subway like crazy. It's amazing how much better and more precise and more aware you get when you practice.

I'm making a different dress in my sewing class. It's a girls dress with a petticoat. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show. I was asked to make it and I couldn't say no! The fabric is super cute, the tulle is fun and it's a great dress for me to practice on. P & S on lower broadway has been saying that they are closing for like 2 months but they really aren't. All of their patterns are on sale and I think all of the notions are on sale for maybe 33% off. Anyway, they are moving somewhere close by so not to worry. Thank goodness because there really isn't any place like it in the city. If you ask for patterns in a midtown fabric store they look at you like you are so lame. And then they tell you that they don't sell patterns. I think you are supposed to make your own! I finally bought a new pair of scissors. I've been using my kitchen shears! And I loaded up on a bunch of patterns. Patterns are expensive! It's nice when they are on sale.

One more thing, I'm always getting on the bandwagon late. I've discoverd the Quilts of Gees Bend. OH MY GOD. If you haven't seen these things, you need to drop everything and google them. Their story is incredible and their art is amazing. I'm so inspired. I want to knit strips of fabric and then seam them together. I can't stop thinking about it. I hope I can find the time to swatch.

Have a nice day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

MDS&W....what are you thinking about it....are you going on another road trip?

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home