Thursday, March 22, 2007

Randomness

I worked up the back of my jacket - holding my breath that the swatch would be accurate.....I had my suspicion about my row gauge on the larger needles. After blocking (it's cotton) it was a little wonky but I blocked it to size (I didn't use any blocking pins) I just smoothed it out. It took a day and a half to dry but I think it's going to be ok. It's slightlyl larger than I wanted it but I have a very nasty habit of making things a bit smaller than they should be. I hate "ease" so I alway knit to exact size. Since this is a jacket, I think a little ease will be a good thing. I'm now working on one of the fronts and of course I'm a little concerned over the width of my button band. Ribbing is a funny thing.

I also started working out the details of a cabled top that I'm designing for knit.1. I'm using some basic cables and one relatively complicated cable. I'm changing the complicated one by making all of the background stitches knits instead of purls. There are some kooky twists and slips but if you follow the chart or line by line info it's pretty simple. Cables aren't hard you just have to take your time and follow the directions. Anyway, I started a large swatch hoping that all of my guessing on size would workout. I think the hard part in designing cable pieces is determining how much the cables will pull in. My swatch was almost perfect. I have to add a few more filler stitches on the sides and then I'm good. This should be really cute when finished. However, I'm going to finish the jacket first! I just needed to know that I would actually be able to get both pieces finished in time!

I'm off to the second Stitch & Pitch committee meeting. It's being held at Seaport Yarns. I don't want to bring any cash with me that way I won't be able to buy any yarn. (they are cash or check only!) I think today is the day that they kick me off because I really have nothing to offer! I'll let you know!

The Yarn Harlot is having an event at FIT today. I don't think I'll be able to make it. I hope everyone has a lot of fun and they accomplish what they have set out to do. Hmmm, I wonder if there are a lot of knitters in town?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home