Friday, April 06, 2007

I'm a believer!

The jackigan is finished. Really. Finished. Toggles and all! I cannot believe that it is exactly as I figured it. Math, blocking, human failure, etc. it all lined up and the thing actually turned out...There were a few setbacks along the way. I - as always - tried very hard to totally and completely mess it up. But the gods were looking out for me! ok it's a little small but I assume the model will be tall and thin so it should be absolutely perfect...

I played around with a little fair isle while the jackigan was drying...



There wasn't any specific reason for the fair isle. I just needed something to do while the cotton was drying....

I still feel like crap. I thought I was better but my throat is still killing me. Not like strep throat or anything. Just a pain swallowing. And this insane cough. ugh, ugh, ugh.

I went out looking for some frogs today. Not living frogs but closure frogs. Do you know that it's almost impossible to find colored frogs other than black or white and maybe a gaudy gold? I'm not kidding. I went to M&J, Tinsel Trading, and every other store on 38th st. You know where I had to go? Pearl River. I can't believe I had to go to that cheesey store to buy my frogs. They aren't even a perfect match. But they are in the shape of a lotus blossom : ) There are so many tourist in NYC this week. Everywhere is crowded with them. Pearl River was just plain gross. Thankfully I knew they had frogs. I knew where they were. So I could get in and get out.

I have to write up the pattern for the jackigan and then I'm going to start on the cabled top. I wrote out the chart on the way back from the airport last night. I completely changed what I had in mind. I even input it into Knit Visualizer. So I'm totally ready to go on it. Again, no photos. : ( Hopefully I'll knock it out in a few days. It's pretty simple. I just have to figure out how much the cables pull in. I've done my gauge swatch without the cables. I think I'm just going to take a stab at my cable swatch and hopefully make it the right size for the actual sample. If it's not right, no biggie. I need a pretty big swatch. Hopefully I'll get lucky! I'm looking forward to knitting this one. I haven't done cables since the VK fall issue. Well that's not true. I did a bunch for Tom Scott but those were pretty unconventional. I'm talking about straight ahead cables.

It's snowing in NYC right now.

1 month to MDS&W!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home