Sunday, April 15, 2007

At least it's not snowing!

It started raining last night before I came home from work and it's still raining. It doesn't feel or look like it's going to stop anytime soon. The problem is that I have to go out in it....

I took a few photos last night. It's impossible to photograph where I work because of the lighting. It's REALLY dark so if a flash is used it flares everything and if it's not then you can't see anything.

Here's a lovely pic of some of the limes that have made my finger feel like ceviche. I cut about 50 limes before we open each night. Each lime is cut into about 6 or 8 pieces. I use all of the limes throughout the night and then the barbacks have to cut more. Every lime touches the HOLE in my finger. It really hurts!! hahaha.




This is the entrance to where I work. I took this during the daylight yesterday. It looks nothing like this at night. People have a really hard time finding this place. It's kind of funny.




You know that you've found it when you see Chief Wyanoka on the wall next to the stairs. There is a ton of history surrounding this painting. How it got there. What it means. It's all a bunch of bunk. I met the guy that had it painted about 40 years ago.





Facing north toward Broome St. That's a fish store on the corner.





This is what the street outside looks like as you face south on Mott st. in Chinatown.




The back in progress before it got busy.



The back in progress on the back bar.


I've finished the back. I'm about to make the two straps. Then toss the pieces in the washer. Let them dry, seam them together and the kabam I'm done! Yee ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home