Friday, April 13, 2007

Bringin' up the rear

As I mentioned, the front of the Cabled Mini Jumper (or was it Mini Jumper with Cables?) is finished.



Here's a lovely side view. (My dress form looks a little bulgy!) Dig the waist shaping! hahaha.



I can't show too much because well, I don't want to get fired! So this, I think, is sufficiently obscure.

I started the back yesterday on the train on my way to work. I realized about 20 minutes ago that I made a mistake on the FIRST ROW of one of the 6 st cable panels. Hello. So, I've spent the last little while laddering down and re-cabling back up. Voila! Works every time! I'm back on track. I have a hole starting in my index finger. I must keep poking it in the exact same place. I've been knitting so much lately that maybe it's just from overuse! Thank goodness for band aids because I can't stop knitting!!

I made a ton of $ last night. It's so weird. I do this thing (knitting) that I totally love to do and I make nothing compared to bartending. Why is that? If I could knit everyday until the end of my time here on earth I would be totally happy. I'm not complaining about the knitting money that I make. Lordy no. But it just seems odd when compared to bartending - a relatively useless job. I know, I know, someone has to do it. It may as well be me. And I am very good at it. Probably better than most, but come on....the money sometimes just seems wrong. I know that not every bartender is as lucky as I am. They work long hours with not a huge payout at the end of the night. They have to put up with all kinds of shenanigans from management to customers. I don't have any of that for the most part. I just happen to work in a place where I'm able to totally cash in. (until of course they sell the place, insert tears!) Sometimes I just feel a little....weird about it. That's all.

And speaking of money, I can't take it one second longer. After I post this I'm googling a blocking board - yes, the big one - and ordering it. I want one. And I want it now. No more blocking on towels in my living room. Enough. I want order to my blocking!

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I think you definitely deserved to buy yourself a blocking board! I have one and I'm nowhere near as prolific as you! It's great by the way. Next up for me is blocking wires and pins. Right now, I"m using push pins and they're just not working quite right.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home