Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Needed a Break!

I just couldn't get up the mojo to work with the taupe yarn again today. I've been slightly bothered by my lame attempt(s) at my green market bag. Yes, I threw the yarn away but I have a ton of balls left of the Safari. So I got up today and knit this up. It's a different stitch pattern - though I don't think it makes any difference. It's bigger than I wanted it but I was being encouraged to keep making it longer. Now when it gets stuffed it gets l o n g. But I love it anyway. I'll be making a few others.


Side view




front (ish) view



With my last knitted object in it



When I was out yesterday, I happened to walk past Beckenstein's fabrics on 2oth st. They were having a sale on some of their fabrics....$5.00 a yard. Woo hoo. I bought a few...




These go for somewhere between $60 and $100/yd. Crazy, right? The black is a custom order for Diane Von Furstenberg. It was mistakenly mixed in with the sale fabrics. SCORE!!!



I also went up to Mike's Fabric on 181st st at the very upper tip of Manhattan. It's basically an upholstery fabric store. However, you can sometimes find cottons. But it's mainly for upholsterers. I found these two fabrics to make a new comforter. It's hard to get a true picture of it. It's kind of pale blue with a green undertone. Mostly blue. The flies are cream. The taffeta matches the flies.







My sewing class is today. I have lots of hand sewing to do. I didn't do my homework so I gotta run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home