Saturday, April 21, 2007

What's Taking So Long?

First, I hate production knitting. It b.o.r.e.s. me to tears. It makes me want to poke my eyes out with my knitting needles.

This is piece #2. I finished the sweater in a day. This thing is 4 sts less than half of the sweater yet it's taking me twice as long. WHY? I was using bamboo needles until 1 row ago. I've switched to my addis. Maybe that will move this along. It's a turtleneck scarf (super cute, functional, creative). It was in the TS (Tom Scott) fall show. The only difference from the original is that this is in taupe. The original was in espresso.

Yawn, yawn....



I find that whenever I'm knitting something that I don't want to knit but have to, I think about other projects. All I can think about right now is buying yarn. I've had to stop myself like 3 times in the last week from cruising yarn stores. I don't need any yarn. But I want the fix. To be even more specific, all I can think about is a color that is somewhere between flesh and ballet pink. I'm obsessed. I'm not buying anything until MDSW. Unfortunately I thought it was next sunday but it's in TWO sundays. grrrrrr.

Back to the scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home