Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sewing Class

There's not a whole lot to show. Everything happened on the inside today. I finished both front facings and the back facing. I had a fitting. Then I changed the armhole shape. I made it um less hole - y. I cut 2" off the sleeves and 1 1/2 off the bottom. The arms have to be 3/4 length because when I cut them out I ran into the selvedge and now it's a problem. oops. No biggie. 3/4 it is. The length will be dramatically shorter. I will be hemming next week (arms and body). My frogs are a little uh bright. I couldn't for the life of me find frogs in this fine city that were the right color. I bought the closest ones I could find at Pearl River, of all places. My sewing teacher suggested tea staining them. She's so smart. I made some tea. Gave the frogs a bath and now poof their the right color. Amazing. So crafty!

Here's a totally lame photo... there are pins in the hem areas. The side boobs look weird. Whatever. It's my jacket and I'm beginning to like it...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home